33 Chapter 5 Progress
I learned a lot from the past couple of days from Tartarus, Erebus and Nyx.
1. The Underworld is a separate realm under the same dimension as Earth. (E/N: Within a dimension are realms, ask Chaos for more information about his creation).
2. I apparently have the ability to copy affinities and domains from other gods, obtaining the ability to make minerals and ores from Tartarus. Which is pretty cool and is helping a ton with all the building materials for my projects.
3. It is a lot easier to populate the realm with minerals and ores, using its own energy, then to make them all myself. All I have to do is identify what I want to make, convert its energy into the object, and poof, they're real. Apparently Tartarus himself did not know this and just said that it would still be pointless, as I'd have to mine all the minerals myself. I like adventure, so I'm definitely going to get down and dirty mines later.
4. The Underworld does not have a ceiling. Tartarus just put it there to give the illusion that the realm lay underground.
5. All the beings in the Underworld besides monsters dwell in caves because they just occupy them until the Ouranus's prophecy is complete and Kronos is overthrown. Apparently no one wants to live here.
6. I've decided to change the name of the Underworld to the END because it sounds ominous and cool. Als considering the END is not really under the world, but an entirely different realm.
7. When a fire is lit in obsidian or similar material from the END blessed under my name, a portal like the one Hestia and I used to escape Kronos' stomach appears, releasing an ominous sound after activation. This portal connects the END to Earth and provides a travelling speed of eight times faster here than on Earth.
8. There are no trees in the END, so I made some, but I can't get the colour right. They always come out blue, purple, or red. Not weird enough already, is that they are always huge, and super convenient to make tools from. I do not know why, but whenever I hear someone sigh in my vicinity, it feels like they are thinking of me. Erebus has told me the reason, about them thinking I was weird for digging and crafting my own tools.
My sister and Nyx have been nagging me recently about my actions, saying stuff like, "Digging and building are not things a king should do." "Why do you even need a fishing rod when there are no fish?" "What is the point of buckets of lava and water?" "What is redstone?" "Why are you building a dragon when you were just working on your house?" I may have been a bit sidetracked when I thought of sculpting a dragon
9. I can populate my realm with other Minecraft ores like Redstone and Lapis, which can actually be used to enchant armours. I found that I can create any item in Minecraft in the END. I think it is the realm itself that is helping me, and anyone else inhabiting the realm can use the Minecraft system. The only thing different is that there is no inventory, so I ended up creating shulker boxes that shrink down to the size of a ping pong ball.
10. Finally, people think I have a weird sense of clothing. With jeans, sneakers, and polo shirts not invented yet, people usually just wear tunics and chitons.
Nyx and Hestia always point out I stand out with my (non) weird clothing. I point out togas offer minimal coverage over the body.
"Tunics are so much more comfortable and free. Your clothes do not allow as much personal space that ours do." - Hestia.
"You don't have pockets. When you realise their importance, you will change your mind." - Hades.
"What use are pockets, when you can create almost anything into existence that you desire." - Nyx.
I had no argument to back that up, but when I do, she will definitely hear it.
It has been a few weeks in the END, as my brother has now been calling it. To sum it all up, it has been in one word - weird. But a good kind of weird. For the first few days after my brother populated the realm with trees, I would say I have never seen someone so excited for just a plot of land, in my whole lifetime. You'd think he would just will the buildings into existence, but he made them piece by piece. Strangely I am starting to feel enthusiastic about this as well, I guess it's contagious. And then confuses me when he started to punch a tree, just to get wood.
By the time he'd finished, the house built was huge. I don't know if it could be considered a house anymore, it felt as big as mother's temple. With four floors and a basement, each floor being twenty meters tall, and ten rooms to a floor, filled with lots of unique equipment in the different spaces. There were two hearths in the "house": one on the first floor, at fifteen meters tall, the normal one, and the other one in the library on the third floor, a cosy blue tint highlighting its flame and edges. There are so many books in there, I wonder what's in them. He called this place his starter base, I don't know what his main temple would be like, but I can't wait to find out.
Brother is fun to be around. He is always making Nyx when she's around, and I laugh a lot, having these strange ideas. He acts like a child most of the time, focusing on one thing, only to get sidetracked to another one, the very next moment. When we first came to this place, it was barren and depressing, but now it feels like everyone is having fun.
Hades has to be the strangest god I have ever met. He would be having a conversation with Erebus or Morpheus, my son, then get distracted, lost in thought, and pop out a new strange idea and immediately take action to do it.
He changed the Underworld to the END. It made some sense to change the name, but the END doesn't make sense. Where did he get it from? It almost feels like it was referring to something.
He made this luminant substance called glowstone because it was normally too dark in the END. It lit up the entire pathway to his house. With that being a huge understatement - it was enormous, and awe-inspiring, to say the least.
The glowstone lined pathways, mixed with his finesse in designing and creating everything, made the whole house a masterpiece. Each room was unique, and all made by his very own hands. I think I even saw a giant black dragon out the window. Being near him is so thrilling and enjoying, unlike before he was here.
When we made it outside, down his exquisite pathway, we saw his exotic paradise of a backyard, leading to the black dragon sculpture, surrounded by blue fire, in harmony with the wildlife encompassing it. It was inspiring in its own ways. While we lived in the Underworld for years in caves, he's already made this only a few days after staying here in the END. While we try to wait out the titans, he thrives in an environment we saw as a wasteland. I guess this was the reason the END chose him as its ruler.
What was weird was as soon as he was done with the house, he started to create new sculptures and works of art, extending from the first masterpiece, all synchronising with each other, almost as if they were singing the same tune in a choir.
After one project was done he moved straight to another. He gave us each a shulker box to keep any possessions and showed us how to operate an ender chest. Each was ingenious, the ender chest allowing us to keep our items in there, and no one else being able to take them from us. This could be a way to hold our symbols of power without having to worry about them.
He was so fun to be around, that even the furies like him, and they don't like anyone.
Fufufu, it looks like the next couple of years will be fun.
[During the 100 years POV]
Some felt ashamed, some excited, and some thought of him as the god they'd want to follow. The last group was just like Thanatos, who only lived in a cave and the END, as it was now called was all he knew. None of that group realised just how weird he was.
But everyone else found him interesting. As nearly all titans and gods were perverts in some sense, seeking sex and power, striving only for recognition. Hades had released the Hekatonkheires and the Cyclops during this time.
The Cyclops rewarded him with the Helm of Darkness allowing him to become invisible, intangible, and the ability to create absolute fear and illusions into his enemies. The Hekatonkheires also awarded him a pickaxe made out of every material found in the END, that could be used to easily channel his energy into it, changing it to a purely destructive force. They were also inspired by his buildings and decided to build their own structures.
This Hades was very different from what you'd expect from the god of the END. It was exciting to be around him, as he was always rambling on about something, disappearing in the middle of conversations to mine and craft items. Creating buildings that should have had no place in Ancient Greek and people were just as confused about them as to why they were there. But through the years, he built cities and homes for the residents of the END. Also making an automated road builder, even if there was no reason for it in the eyes of the current residents.
Soon they too saw this place as their home and some would even be inspired to build things for fun. Competitions for best builds became an event. All sorts of ideas and themes came about. All categories from scary to food were chosen.
Like this, a hundred years had passed.
"Fufufu, it looks like your siblings have been released from Kronos, by your brother Zeus, Hades." Nyx
"Brother we have to go see our family, they may need us," a worried Hestia answered.
"Huh? I have other siblings? Wait, who is Kronos again?" Hades replied completely oblivious.
Facepalms are passed around simultaneously. All thinking 'How can our king be such an idiot?'
"My children, welcome back. Where are Hestia and Hades?" - Rhea
"""Who?""" The confused siblings' reply.
(Edited by Slammeron00)